Who doesn't want to save money and the planet at the same time! Here are some ideas that can help you get on track to putting a little more money back into your pocket!
1. Find better ways to heat and cool your home.
- Install ceiling fans
- Replace air filters every month
- At night, close your curtains to better insulate your windows.
2. Update your water heaters to Tankless.
- The great thing about tankless water heaters, they do not constantly run to warm stored water in a tank! Instant savings! When a hot water tap is turned on the heating element heats up the running water on demand. So no need for a tank and 40 gallons of water being heated 24 hours a day.
3. Replace incandescent lights.
- Incandescent lighting on average only uses 10% of their energy for lighting. The other 90% of the energy is producing heat. LED's can on average save 50% to 75% on energy compared to incandescent lighting and they last longer!
4. Use your electrical appliances responsibly.
-On average household electronics and appliances consume 20% of your homes energy. A tip to save energy on your refrigerator and freezer is to keep them away from your stove and ovens. The closer they are to your cooking appliances, the more energy they need to use to keep your food cool.
-Unplug chargers when they are not in use. Chargers pull power even though they are not charging anything.
5. Change how laundry is being done at home.
- Consider only washing clothes when you have full loads. A typical medium setting is saves less than half the water and energy a full load consumes.
- Avoid using the highest temperature when washing clothes. 140 degree water is not that more effective than 103 degree water.
- Keep your lint trap cleaned on your dryer. Not only is this a fire hazard but it will take longer to dry your clothes with a dirty lint trap.
10/10/2022 07:52:29 am
Road medical sound manager return floor. Firm require quickly leave product.
Leave a Reply.